How long can you reasonably expect a fence to last? There are many different factors that come into play in determining a fence’s lifespan, including the type of material, the climate, the exposure to storms, and the quality of maintenance. However, when it’s time to replace your fence, there are several signs that are easy to spot.
- A bent fence requires replacement. If it’s not straight, that’s a good indication of damage. A warped fence can indicate loose nails, split wood, and even rot. When the panels of a fence are bent, they can put a strain on the structure, making it more sensitive to weathering. In fact, a noticeably warped fence is in danger of collapse.
- A fence that has changed colors may be damaged beyond aesthetics. A discolored fence indicates aging, and while it may be tempting to simply repaint it, it’s likely that an ashy, dull, yellowed, or rusty-looking fence needs to be replaced.
- If your fence is unsafe, it’s time to replace it. Splinters, protruding nails, and rust are all safety hazards that mean it’s time for a new fence.
- When you can see through your fence, you need a new one. If parts of your fence have fallen over or are missing, your fence is no longer functional. Your fence is probably too old to withstand the weather and needs to be replaced.
- After a hurricane, you will probably need to replace your fence. A well-built fence can take a lot of punishment and remain standing. If your fence has experienced significant winds or been hit with debris, there may be structural damage. Some of this damage may be obvious, but sometimes it’s subtle enough to require careful inspection. Check for rot, especially if there was unusually heavy rain or flooding. Even if you don’t see rot or visible damage, it may be worth having a professional come and check it to determine whether it needs to be replaced.
If you take care of your fence, it can last a long time. When you’re ready for a new fence, though, call Paramount Fence Inc. for professional installation. At Paramount, we’ve been in business for over ten years, but our combined experience in the fence industry spans more than half a century! We’re a full-service fence sales and fence installation business in the Chicagoland area, and we’re dedicated to providing creative and affordable solutions that address our clients’ needs and fulfill their requests. Our staff offers exceptional customer service, striving to exceed your expectations throughout the fence buying and fence installation process. Paramount Fence Inc is a member of the American Fence Association and a registered member of the Better Business Bureau. For more information on how we can help you find the right fence to meet your needs, call us at 630.239.2714 or contact us through our website.
The post When to Replace Your Fence appeared first on Paramount Fence.